Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Home and Glacier, part 2

After our over five hour drive from the SSB, I just don't have the umph to do a post here!!  It seems right after we get home, it's unload the ice chest (every trip!!), the animals, and other odds and ends.  If I didn't have the foresight to make sure I had left overs, that means cooking dinner.  So by them I collapse and fall into bed!

I am so glad to be home and will be here about three (!!!!) weeks, then it's back.  We will have a girl come up to hunt on that last weekend of October.  Here in Texas, it is youth only hunt.  There is a group - Operation Orphan - that brings these kids up to hunt ranches up there.  They have to do well in school, have no behavior problems and either be orphan or in a home for other reasons.  So we will do that again this year.  She will come with a trained guide who will take her out.

Anyway.  Here goes:
We had just begin the climb, but this shows how overcast it was that day.  We didn't realize there was fresh snow until we got higher.

Still higher.  That's where we were.

One of the reasons Glacier has become my absolute favorite parks.  This is just awe inspiring!

Just love waterfalls.  Sorry it's blurry - but I had to grab it in a big hurry.  I guess I could say that with my vision, or lack of it, that it looks fine to me!

1 comment:

Sally said...

These are awesome! I'm so glad you were able to post these, and thank you!! :)