Thursday, October 08, 2009

Whine and cheese

I know the cheese is around here somewhere to go with this whine! I just can't find it. But then that seems to be the status of my house anyway!

I finally got my self in gear to go to the grocery store. I try to put it off, and I am delighted when someone offers to go for me! I used to like to go shopping - anywhere. Now I absolutely despise going.

Tuesday I met the mechanical and structural inspector over at the other house. The grass over there hasn't been cut in weeks, and it about 6 inches tall. When he finished looking at everything, he had to show me. So here I am tromping around the house in tall grass. I don't think that helped my knees at all.

I came home and decided to go upstairs to work on some embroidery. As I was about to start climbing the stairs, I twisted my right knee slightly. It almost felled me. I couldn't believe how much it hurt. But I went up anyway. I thought it would be better yesterday after being off it all night. Was I ever wrong.

Yesterday I was really crippled. More than ever. But there were other possible factors. We got rain. There is a front out there so the pressure is changing a bit, AND I had been walking around on uneven ground with tall grass. What was the cause, I don't know. I do know I was in great pain.

Today I had to go to the grocery store. There is no one but me for this right now. We are going to the SSB this weekend, so the trip was a necessity. I am home now. My knees are screaming. And it didn't help that my glasses fogged up from the car a/c in the muggy heat. Why does that add to my pain? Well I stopped to pick up one of the little neighborhood papers and tripped on OUR uneven grass. I almost ate it. But I did jam my knees catching myself.

So taking this little respite has helped me. Let me bring in the groceries. That cheese just might be in one of those bags, and I'll serve you some. You had the whine.

Peace.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I'm so sorry and I can feel your pain--really. My hip/leg/knee hurt so bad yesterday it was all I could do to keep from crying and I KNOW what a trip to the grocery store can mean, pain-wise. Are we gonna have to live the rest of our lives like this? Something has to help!!

Grandma K said...

I see a glow on the horizon. It is the lights of an operating room!

I was all set to use one of the motorized buggies yesterday, but I looked at the basket. It wouldn't hold everything I was buying.