Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A ho-hum day

I'm about to go up and fight the technology wars again. Although the new machine is heads and shoulders above the old new one, there are still some problems. I don't think the problems are with the machine this time; I think they are with my CD's.

When I was trying to move embroidery designs from the hard drive to CD, I would get error messages that I needed to put in a writable disk. It was. So I think the problem is with the computer or the disks. The computer is getting a little old. It very well could be it.

You know the computer is getting old when it's as cranky as you are. There is so much junk on it that it takes a long time to load. I have tried to get rid of this junk, but it is still there. I don't feel like paying $50-150 to get a professional to clean it all up. There may even be some viruses lurking in the background even though I run a firewall in addition to the one from Microsoft as well as all other kinds of programs to fight those stupid people who love to dream up the viruses.

I could take the computer upstairs when I go to try to figure out where the problem lies, but I have enough fun taking a thumb drive with me. I have enough fun just getting myself up there!

Peace.

1 comment:

Judy said...

It just gets harder and harder doesn't it? I need to go into the hospital and have a total rehaul!!