Sunday, October 04, 2009

Quick note

The reunion came off fine. The rain came as we were eating lunch. Lunch is another story. I thought I was going to come to blows with a cousin and her beans "not being cooked through." The kids got to do the pinata. MIL came, and thought she would be taken home when she was ready. BIL and SIL had to stay to help clean up.

Little girls are nasty little creatures. They are beginning in kindergarten or before. It happens even in families. Lady Bug is a budding naturalist. She found some pill bugs (roly-pollys or what ever). They fascinated her. A couple of second/third cousins made fun of her because she enjoyed playing with bugs. For Pete's sake. That was a real downer for LB.

So all's well that end's well.

Peace.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Sounds like a fun family--lol.
It is nice to be an only child isn't it? None of your siblings being stupid--because you have no siblings. I was an only child until I was 13--my sister and I each say that we are "an only child"--when people ask because in actuality...with that much age difference..we were.
Glad you survived the reunion. I hate the kids who made fun of Lady Bug!

Susan Adcox said...

One of my granddaughters is a real girly girl, yet she loves bugs. She will look at books about bugs and spiders for hours. Luckily she has some cousins who are budding naturalists too, and they hunt lizards and bugs together.