Friday, October 03, 2008

Torn

Right now I'm trying to decide if I REALLY want to go to the Alamo City to attend my 45th (gasp) high school reunion. I just don't know if I really want to spend the time and money.

High school was a great time for me. My high school was a gorgeous campus. We really were treated like we were more in college than high school. I was in the "pep squad" and had a great time with the other girls and the band when we practiced for half times together.

I loved most of my teachers. I know it's impossible to love all of them - just as I know that not all of my students loved or even liked me. That's life.

We have lived in the Swampland area for about 38 years. I haven't seen any of these people in that time. I haven't had any communication with any of my friends save one in all that time. When we went to the last reunion, none of my friends were there. I really was rather bored.

It seems that mostly it is the males who keep up with high school buddies. That's the way it looks from what I see from the high school site. That's the way it seems with my daughter and son's classes too. She doesn't see those people and doesn't care to attend a reunion. My son is still best buddies with his classmates.

I have to make up my mind soon. I am so torn.

No comments: