Friday, October 24, 2008

Army of Women

On October 1, Dr Susan Love, in conjunction with Avon, began her campaign against breast cancer with Army of Women. She is looking for a huge group of women who could be considered for certain research opportunities to stop this killer. She is trying to formulate a ery large, diverse group for sampling. As a scientist, I know how important it is to have a large diverse group from which to choose for research.

On October 28, she will appear on Good Morning America to announce the first "Call to Action." She makes it clear that they will be looking for only certain qualities for this one and not everyone will qualify. This is going to be true of all of the projects.

I am asking you to please consider signing up with this army! If you want more information please go to www.armyofwomen.org/armyfaq. I really think it will answer any of your questions. I feel there is no risk to you and the rewards are great for our daughters, granddaughters, and even sons and grandsons as they too are at risk.

I also added the pledge form. Consider signing the pledge to help keep research going. We really have come so far. If I had been diagnosed many years ago, I would have been given a certain death sentence. As it is, even though I can't know the future, I feel I have a real chance to live my life.

No comments: