Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend update

The weekend did not go as planned. There were several reasons for that, but still . . . Things just didn't happen like I hoped.

Friday and Saturday were monsoons. We were 4 inches below normal rainfall. Not any more. We are about .15 of an inch. Needless to say, the trip to the grocery store was not in the cards. So that meant we had to go on the day I hate grocery shopping the very most -Sunday. Sunday grocery shoppers are like Sunday drivers. No place to go and all day to get there.

It is such a trial for me to go to the grocery in the first place, I want to get in and get out - fast. I am really thinking about using one of the motorized carts, but I just fight that. So I am in real pain about half way through. We have two stores of the same chain near us, but the one closest is bigger than the one I go to so I don't go there. (Follow that contorted sentence??) I swear if I could order groceries for a reasonable price to be delivered I really think I would do that. But then I think about someone else buying the produce and meat, and the idea doesn't seem as viable. And produce and meat are the majority of my purchase. Hmmm.

The kids were expected Sunday for dinner. That was not easy this time because my whole weekend routine was off. So I decided on something "easy." I found a new recipe for pulled pork with a strawberry BBQ sauce. It was far more work than I anticipated. But they liked it - even Monkey Boy who doesn't like anything I fix because I don't load it with ketchup.

Speaking of Monkey Boy, he usually has nothing to do with me. Ever since we were at the SSB, he has been my "best friend." He was so good and loving last night. I wonder what's wrong with him???

To put the icing on the cake, Simone was acting as though she was going to vomit all evening. I was late giving her the antacid pills. I gave it to her, and husband immediately fed her saying I told him to. Talk about reverse selective hearing. He was going to feed her - period. So he said I said it was OK. Not.

So we (Simone and I) enjoyed each other's company from 3-5 AM this morning as she walked around the bedroom - retching. Somehow, she discovered a sheet of paper that she immediately downed half before I knew it. I thought I would be cleaning it up at some point. You know, I swear it settled her stomach!

I am worried about her though. I tried to convince G to take her. I get the feeling he thinks he could get better results from the visit. He has nicely abdicated that responsibility. He will suggest she go tomorrow - when he is at work. Nice.

Anyway - peace.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I mentioned the same thing to Fred Saturday, as we were walking around the Mega Store grocery department. "I wish I could just order on-line and have all this delivered." It hurts bad to have to walk up and down every aisle. And then, I usually remember something I HAVE TO HAVE (like dogfood or shapmoo) from the other end of the store--a block away!! Hate it!!

Dogs eat grass to settle their stomach--maybe the paper was what Simone needed? I know that Fred's dog sometimes eats a paper towel that had inadvertently dropped on the floor or is in a wastebasket that she raids. Dogs--who knows?

Glad Monkey Boy is giving you some sugar.