Friday, April 03, 2009

And the beat goes on - or whatever

What is the best thing to follow bad news, why more bad news, of course. And that's what happened yesterday.

I was about to exit from the computer yesterday. I had just dealt with a Pay Friend phishing email. I had just reported it, and another message came into my inbox. It was from my cousin's daughter.

Bill was the last cousin I have been close to. He was at least 25 years older than I, but he and my family remained close. He loved my mother so much. His kids are closer to my age - which makes sense. But I was always close to Bill. I have two remaining cousins, but there was never any real closeness - partially due to my aunt, their mother.

The email from Bill's daughter was telling me of his death yesterday at 6:30 AM. I am really saddened by this. Again, I was thinking he would live forever. There were so many things left unsaid. Left unasked (about the family).

We mostly communicated by emails. I had noticed that the frequency had dropped off, but I didn't think too much about it. We were completely polar in our politics - and I will just leave it there. We may not have agreed about things like that, but I still respected him. He had lead a very interesting life.

Bill, I will miss you.

Peace.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Sorry to hear about your cousin's passing.