Saturday, April 18, 2009

He did what?

I just got off of the phone with daughter. I asked what she was doing. She said she was waiting for her husband to get home. I asked where he was. She replied he was coming home from a golf tournament. A what?!!!

People - our weather since 3 PM yesterday - has been stormy with heavy rains (yes Judy - toad stranglers), lightning and thunder. Who is their right mind would put their fannies out on a cow pasture carrying metal sticks? Do they want to be lightning rods?

As you can probably read between the lines, I am not a golfer. I don't see much to it. Don't give me the exercise line either. If you want exercise, get off the cart.

I asked if they played at all, and Daughter replied they managed to get 4 holes. They didn't want to lose their money. Um, I think I value my life more than a few dollars I paid to chase that little ball.

Have a good rest of the weekend. Tomorrow looks to be a better day around these parts.

Peace.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I love(d) golf and use to play 4 times a week, but not in that kind of weather. Seems that they would have cancelled the tournament until next weekend. I DO know some golfers who are nuts, was married to one who played 7days a week no matter what, but not in that kind of weather. I also know of a guy who went out of state to a tournament and told his wife what a great time he had. He didn't realize that the local weather channel had showed the weather in the location he was in--it stormed and there were tornado warnings all weekend. He took his clubs, but he never got out of his hotel room and the "lady" he was with long enough to play and the weather would have made it impossible. He finally fessed up...