Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Lots of dollars today already

It's amazing how much a "free" cat can cost. I got Shadow out of hock today (picked him up from the vet). I can't believe how much that little rascal cost. I love my vet"s office. There are four doctors there, and I trust them all. I started going to them when I had an emergency, and the vet I had used for over 20 years wasn't in the office. I love this new clinic, but I think they are a bit pricey.

When I left Shadow for the surgery, I had to pay extra for IV fluids yesterday and pain meds including what I would bring home. They do things like this. When you board, if you don't take a luxury suite, your dog goes in a little kennel (crate). As much as I love Simone, I can't afford those suites. They push $100/day. I'm glad she sleeps most of the day!!

I got Shadow home, and he immediately began gnawing on his stitches. So we were off to the pet store for an E collar. It is difficult finding one for a small kitten! Putting that darned thing on was a trick. I bought a collar with a bell on it also. That seems to be doing a good job of distracting him from his feet though. The E collar is still here - just in case.

I contacted a home improvement store near the SSB since the dishwasher there crashed. Boo-hoo! I have hated that one since day 1. I can't believe how expensive dishwashers are. I always thought when you got into the $600 range, those were the top of the line. I was amazed as a perused the listings on line. The one I finally settled on is a lower mid range, but I needed a large capacity. WHen everyone is there, there are a lot of dishes! Paper is not a good option because it has to be brought home only coming home, it's dirty!

So my credit card got big hits today! They would be happier if I didn't pay it off at the end of the month!

Hope you can guard your pennies better than I have been able to do today!

Peace.

No comments: