Tuesday, June 30, 2009

We were blessed with a bit of wonderful rain last night. We didn't even get a tenth of an inch here, but it was moisture, and it broke the heat a bit. I know we can easily expect temperatures in the 90's in June, but they gave a breakdown last night on the news. We have not had a high below 90 for the entire month. Seven days were above 100, and there were something like 10 days in the high 90's. Whew. It has been blistering. Some relief for the next couple of days, but back into the 100's for the weekend.

Lady Bug sewed her pj bottoms yesterday. Her seams look like the way a drunken sailor would walk. But she did them. If I hadn't moved my big safety pin, they would have been finished. Without the pin, I couldn't run the elastic. In an executive decision, I sewed the 3/8 inch seam for the hem. She tried, but because she doesn't run the seam from one end to another, it was difficult.

She hates to be wrong. Every time I told her the seam was wrong, she would get upset. Everything comes so easily for her when it is difficult, she doesn't like it. That was the way learning to play the piano went. She has a good ear for it, and that's how she wanted to play. She would get me to play the little piece, then she would mimic it - not reading and learning the notes on paper.

In a whole other vein, this morning when I was at The Biomes Blog, Mark had a link here:the cab ride. I don't know if it is another urban legend because I think I have heard it before, but it certainly gave me food for thought.

Shadow is in the vet hospital this morning. He is being preped for surgery as I write. He will get to stay overnight, on pain meds. He is losing his manhood this morning as well as his front claws. I know it is a terrible surgery, but for our skin, Simones' eyes, and my furniture, it is for the best. He will never run wild outside again. It is for his good too. Besides, a month ago, his future was bleak. He was facing a death of starvation. Even the vet didn't try to talk me out of it!

Peace. (I don't know what's up with Blogger this morning. They are funky about the font - this isn't my doing ig it comes out weird!)

2 comments:

Susan Adcox said...

How old is LB? I have a 12-year-old granddaughter who loves to sew. I bought her a half-size machine, and she has a blast with it, but she doesn't like to plan or use patterns. She also just likes to sew. Amazingly, some of the things she sews--mostly little stuffed animals and clothes for them--come out well.

Grandma K said...

Lady Bug is almost 9, going on 35!! I got a half sized machine for her for Christmas, but she likes the big one better. She get so frustrated when things are not easy for her. So, she wants to give up. I hope she will be inspired to go on to things like your granddaughter does!