Saturday, July 04, 2009

Warm

Happy Fourth of July! As usual, we are facing another day of 100+ temps. I really don't see any relief in the near future. June was a record hot and dry month. But enough of that.

I got my serger to work yesterday. I am making purses from Lady Bug's outgrown blue jeans. That serger just flew through the bottom seams. I have some drapery sample fabric that is making the lining really cute! I think they will sell next weekend.

We were supposed to go to Daughter's house to "hang out," but there is no reason to do that. We have everything here that they have, just not other people to visit with. But it is also much quieter and no drama.

I started wire brushing my display rack that has rusted and looks terrible. The rust is not all coming off. I had thought of spraying it with chrome paint, but I am thinking of using a different color. I don't think the chrome paint will cover as much as I want.

I feel sort of like Garrison Keillor on A Prairie Home Companion - it's been a quite day here in Swampland . . . But I don't have any other stories to tell about anything. We are just trying to stay cool and hydrated around here.

Peace.

2 comments:

Susan Adcox said...

I'm in Texas also, and I can't believe the heat. My husband almost died when he mowed the lawn. I love to be outdoors, but not in this weather! We've gotten three small showers in the past ten or so days and were very thankful to have gotten those.

Grandma K said...

Hi, Susan. Do you think this heat will ever let up? I am beginning to wonder. I am really looking forward to our planned vacation to Minnesota this year. But with my luck - it will be blistering there too.

Take care in this heat.

Thanks for stopping by.