Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Life's adventures

It seems that if it's not one thing, it's another. We have had the contractor come in and paint the kitchen and breakfast room. That was a blow. I used to do that. But that was then, this is now. It's not going to happen anymore. He also poured the step for my front door. Now if he can come back and lay the tile and do the fence . . . But then we will have to bleed some more money.

I finally got my sewing machine back. In addition to the expensive upgrade, I bought the expensive bobbins that are specific to the machine. I also tried to use the little embroidery machine (that came from Wally World) only to realize that I have lost the power cord. When I thought I would never use that machine again, I wasn't too careful with its accessories.

Monday we came home to find a door hanger from the pool guy. He missed last week, and we had the black lagoon again. We were to call. He said we would have to let out about 8000 gallons of water. The water was "dead" and taking enough chemicals for three pools. It still didn't hold them. So yesterday, we almost emptied the pool. I'm guessing that 9500 gallons went out. Today we can begin to refill ($$$). But I personally don't like swimming in pea soup. So what are you going to do?

He still has to replace the filter ($$$) which is a good 20 years old. When I told him to go ahead, we had not decided to replace out downstairs a/c and heating unit. But things wear out. It seems they do it all at once.

I figure I'll be on a street corner soon with my little cup. Perhaps I could muster some sympathy with: "retired school teacher being devoured by house." On second thought, I doubt it!

Peace.

No comments: