Friday, June 19, 2009

I should know better

I love my grandchildren, and I enjoy being with them. In a few minutes, I am going over to watch them for a "little" while. Daughter is getting her first crown on a molar and SIL is going to the chiropractor.

So why the title? Daughter asked me to watch the kids. If it were just for her, I know she would be home ASAP. SIL, not so much.

When Lady Bug was a baby, I kept her. SIL was the one to pick her up. He would make all kinds of stops before he came to get her. Sometimes, it would be to go hit baseballs. It always was to stop by the house first, change clothes and check emails.

When the other two came along, Daughter has changed jobs and didn't have to be married to the job. She was here right after work. I never had to keep them for extended periods.

SIL sometimes doesn't have an original thought either. If Daughter has a sinus headache, surprise - so does he! I swear if she would have PMS, he would too. He says this chiropractor doesn't do him any good, and he feels worse after he leaves. But Daughter loves the woman, and she swears it is doing her great good.

So just exactly why am I going to babysit? I think I lost something in translation.

Not really. SIL will do anything to get out of keeping those kids. It makes it really hard for Daughter. Her present job does require her to attend regional meetings about twice a year. Overnight. She ends up finding a way for the whole family to tag along because . . . This man's job requires him to travel monthly. Hmmmm.

But I will go and sit with them. Want to bet it is more than an hour? Not a good bet. It will be. He will go over to the dentist side to "hold her hand."

I'm back and adding. I was absolutely right. He went to S*m's Club before coming home. I really think he went somewhere else too because he took Monkey Boy to the appointment. The toy that MB came home with doesn't come from that store!!!

Peace.

No comments: