Monday, June 29, 2009

One note song

It seems like the only thing I can focus on is the heat. I know I live in Texas. I know we have heat. But not like this, and certainly not this early. It just keeps going on.

The weather gurus say we have a 30% chance of rain today. I think they are correct. My knees are screaming. I really hope so - it will help with the temperature. Of course, then the humidity will be high, but we do need rain so badly.

I had to joke with Daughter this weekend. When I went to the farmer's market on Friday, they were advertising a craft show yesterday. The spaces were free. Now that's something that normally would have had me there. But with these temperatures? I teased her saying that it was too bad our tables were already at the SSB for the craft show we are doing there. Too bad!

We did go to look at a house behind us that has been for sale for months. The price was lowered - again. It is in foreclosure. We have been looking for an investment property. We were ready to write a contract. Our realtor send us the sellers disclosure. According to them, the house is uninhabitable. It had problems, yes. About $17,000 worth of problems. But it would be a good investment property. After reading the disclosure however, I think we will be offering about $9000 less.

So there you have it. We have been hiding from the heat - with the exception of looking at that house that has no utilities turned on. Talk about hot, and that was 11AM. I know some areas are getting way too much rain, but we surely would appreciate some of it. I just don't want it to be a case of being careful of what you wish for!

Peace

No comments: