Thursday, June 04, 2009

Rather expensive day

Today was the sewing machine club day. I wasn't too jazzed about the project, but that has been the case before. I usually love what we do after we finish/ Today - not so much, but then it could be due to the fact I am getting to drop $500.

I really believe there is an intrinsic problem with my machine. I am on my third bobbin case since January. Needles have gone right through them when they begin bouncing around in the bobbin. My threads shred, meaning I get to re-thread a lot.

I was about half way through with the project - shoe stuffers that are embroidered. I was doing the word "right" when my thread kept breaking and the bobbin thread was being pulled through - not the top thread showing.

One of the leaders said she was having the same problem. There is a "fix" for it in the form of an update. My machine is an 11000. There is an update available to make it an 11000SE. The "fix" was for the, you guessed it, the SE.

So trying to put a program on where there is no existing software - well you know the answer. The little tech guy wasn't sure that even upgrading my machine would fix it. The woman there asked if I was ok with the $500 for the upgrade. My response was "6000 or 500 - pretty easy answer!" The machine was a huge paper weight the way it was, and I knew trade in value would have been zip.

So the upgrade of the software is done - the machine worked. It is still there having various mechanical parts replaced to go along with the new stuff. It does great quilting. That's what it was made for. Guess who doesn't quilt!

Peace

No comments: