Saturday, June 13, 2009

Day with the LB

We had quite a day yesterday. It began with lunch at her favorite place - The Black Eyed Pea. We then went to the linen store to buy cushions for the chairs that were moved to the SSB from the lake house. They are so very uncomfortable, and cushions was the least expensive fix - I hope!

From there we found the little vegetable market. That was after pulling into the wrong place that was a little scary. The vegetable place had local - even if from area - produce that really looked nice. They also have a coop going. I may have to look into that.

We ended the outing with a visit to the local ice cream shop. They are under new owners, and they are quite a nice place. They added a little deli. They make quite good sandwiches!

So we finally escaped the heat (the high was 97 although my greenhouse said 104). We trundled off upstairs. I showed her how to put the fabric in the little yo-yo makers. She did well with the exception of not cutting the fabric close enough.

But there always seems to be a down side. My newly upgraded machine would sew about five stitches, stop, make it's warning signal, and the screen would say to re-thread. The first five times I DID re-thread, but I soon grew weary of that. It would occasionally sew about eight inches, and then do its same thing.

I took it back to the store today. They worked on it. It sewed beautifully. It embroidered letters beautifully. I got it home, and it pulled its old stunt of pulling the bobbin thread onto the top of the embroidery design.

I don't have time for that nonsense. My next craft show is July 11. I've got too much work to do. Bah!

But at least I am interesting LB in learning to sew. She has already staked out the other sewing table and machine as "hers." She was busy making plans for the next time she visits. She is a really neat kid!

Peace

2 comments:

JUST A MOM said...

How cool I had one of those fancy singers and got rid of it and went back to a little cheap thing... Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Judy said...

I think it is just the neatest thing that you are teaching Lady Bug how to sew. I taught my daughters, but not my grand daughters--their Mom taught them. When they were young enough to be interested, I lived far away from them and didn't see them very often--when I did--we did going to the zoo and ToysRUs store thingies :-)