Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Changes have to be made

Mr Shadow came home yesterday. This was after I went to Pets*art and dropped a bundle of dough. That what happens when you think you are out of the cat business.

One of my purchases was a cratel. I have become a believer in crates for dogs. Simone has hers here and at the SSB. She loves it. I know I don't close the door, but she will go to her crate several times a day to nap.

My idea was to train (Ha-Ha) a cat to a crate. I thought it would give him his safe place to sleep. Even the picture on the crate showed a cat, and it said it was the right size for an adult cat. Dream on. He was absolutely miserable in that thing.

I guess I am going to have to take back the kitty playhouse I bought when I had Son's Sebastian and Sasha here. It is like a large parrot cage. It would at least give him room to run and jump.

I feel I need something for him because Simone is showing just a little too much enthusiasm for Mr Shadow. I had him on the bed last night when G came home. Simone tried to lunge at the bed.

She gets excited with human babies, but she is showing such mothering. I don't know if she is seeing Shadow as a baby animal or a snack. I just can't take that chance. He is just a mouth full for her.

Right now, he is living in my bathroom. This is not a good place. It has been taken over by the paraphernalia associated with a kitten. One of the things I bought was the self cleaning litter pan. Expensive!! But I hope worth it. Of course, after I put the blasted thing together is said it was not recommended for kittens under 6 months. Well - guess what!

His crate is also in there, along with his food dish. What I want to know is who ever decided that bathroom doors should be more narrow than regular doors. I wondered this about 15 years ago when I had broken my ankle and couldn't put weight on it. Navigating those doors was a problem. Getting that big a**ed litter box in there was a problem too!

So I guess I will call Son to see about the kitty playhouse. Where am I going to put it? Don't know. But I will find a place. I have to. At least things are never dull. Who says retirees don't have anything to do?

Peace.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Let me know if the self cleaning litter box works! I have always wondered and when I get another cat, want to get one.

At least you aren't bored :-)