Monday, November 01, 2010

November already??

Last night was fairly quiet around these parts. The loudest group of trick or treaters were the very first ones. It appeared several families got together to go in a group. There appeared to be about eight parents out at the street. When the kids got to the door, the rang the bell. I wasn't fast enough I guess, so they began beating on the door. They were certainly full of the spirit. Then the older ones crowded the little ones to the point where I was afraid one little girl was gong to be crushed. That's ok - I got even with the parents. They, for the most part, got handfuls of candy!!. Well, that isn't really true - a couple of obnoxious boys only got one or two pieces!

***************************************************************************
We had family dinner - but it was brunch. That gave me a new spirit for the menu. I never get to do a brunch, so I loved it. We had a quiche and two breakfast casseroles along with a fruit salad, a green salad, and fresh bread. It was fun though. Nice break from dinners.

**************************************************************************
When I find the pictures here in the computer where I downloaded them I will put them here. It is my daughter and her brood and my son with his oldest. Really cute.

****************************************************************************
I had to take my machine to the repair place - again. Last year, right after getting it, I went to push it down into the cabinet. Well, I forgot one little thing - I didn't disconnect the USB cable. It ate the receiver for the cable. I felt so absolutely stupid, I told them my granddaughter was helping me clean up the sewing room, and she did it. Ok - a little lie! It was covered by the warranty.

This time, I had been so very careful, but the receiver always seemed to be lose. It apparently wiggled all the pins out. Still covered!! I hope this is the last time this happens though. It will be a week before they get the new part.

I am at the end of my ramble. Hope your Halloween was quiet and safe.

Peace be with you.



No comments: