Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Bright as a burned out bulb.

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Bring on those sayings. They fit me to a tee!

You see - when my trusty Gateway crashed, I lost a lot of bookmarked sites. The more I think about them, the worse I feel. There were so many that I visited infrequently, but they were, non the less, important to me. They are gone. Some of those sites were places where I found items for the business. I may not need them right away, but down the road ...

In addition, I lost my list of blogs. With my terrible memory, I was able to remember a few - but that was all. I have thought of looking at other bloggers' blogrolls with the hopes of finding those blogs that I enjoyed, but are lost in cyberspace and in some dry, dusty, dungy place in my memory. Now that's a really scary place. I try not to dig too deeply in this brain of mine! Who knows what will happen.

Then this evening it hit me like a load of bricks. Come here to my very own blog. There are 99% of my dead blogsphere friends. So I looked at my blogroll and there they were. My beloved blogs. So if you haven't heard from me in several months - this is why.

Now I know I can be a silent lurker. I will read but not comment. Shame on me. I am trying to be better. I just cannot put my joy at finding these blogs once again into words. I will be seeing you again.

3 comments:

Judy said...

The blogs I read--like yours--really keep me going. I would be lost without them. Glad you found us again.

Cheyenne said...

When I got my new computer and had a friend transfer everything from one to the other, all my 'Favorites' did not come along for the ride. I had to re-do everything and with my memory that wasn't easy.

Susan Adcox said...

Feel free to come visit even if you don't leave a comment. But I do love comments!