Friday, November 19, 2010

Smokin'

That's what my credit card is doing. After two days of concentrated shopping, that little sucker is just smoking. Can't wait for this bill.

Wednesday was the general stores. Yesterday was the grocery store. When you are going to have 11 people at the out in the sticks SSB, you have to be sure that you have everything you think you are going to need. It is about 30 miles to town, which only has a single yucky grocery store, and that trip is 45 minutes one way. So not having something is not an option.

When the checker told me that I saved $122 between my coupons and the store savings, I knew the bill was going to be the national debt. And it was. But when you are feeding six adults, one preteen who eats like the food is going to be taken away with no more coming (and is still thin as a rail - just like my dad and her uncle - bah!), food is consumed in a hurry. The entire back seat of the truck was completely filled - to the point that one bag spilled its guts when I opened the door here at home!

G was put out. And he will be more put out when it is time to load it on Wednesday. I don't know what he thinks we are going to do, but it has to get there. The sad part is that the kids will be bringing food too. As I lamented yesterday, Son and DIL will leave on Friday afternoon, and Daughter and SIL will leave Saturday morning, but there is still the time that we are all there. Hence, the national debt of a grocery bill, and a lot of "stuff" to load.

Just gotta love the holidays. I wish I had a larger cash-back than I do. I could use it. Of course after this bill, I may have it!

Peace be with you.

3 comments:

flying eagle woman said...

this cheered me up and made me excited about the holidays!!!! I do love the shopping, the food, the noise...
hope yours is just stellar!
Shawna

Judy said...

My credit card is also smokin'--from on-line Christmas shopping. Hoping you have a wunnerful Thanksgiving at SSB!!!

Susan Adcox said...

I think there will be 17 at my house for Thanksgiving, but we have stores just 15 minutes away. If we forget something, it's no big deal! Hope your Thanksgiving is lovely!