Monday, June 10, 2013

I am so in love!

Oh yes.  I am so in love - with my Kindle.  Now if truth be known I don't love the Fire as much as the plain vanilla Kindle. But that little thing may be the issue that causes what I consider a problem with the Fire. The plain one is hard to see, so I have an external light.  The Fire is very visible, and that makes the battery not last which is what I don't like about it.

I also am in love with the various places that offer free/discounted books.  At first I didn't think I would like these books.  After all I am such a literary snob (LOL).  But I have recently read three free books that I have absolutely adored.

I went ahead and became an Amazon Prime member so I could borrow books there.  At first I was a little disappointed with the selection.  Once again - no best sellers by big authors.  I have really enjoyed all but one of those books,

I can't believe in the last four weeks I have read three books.  I know - some of you read a book in a week or less.  I only read before bed, and I usually fall asleep after about 5 pages, so it takes me a while to read a book.  My "library" in the bathroom always has a book (paper back).  So I read about a page to a page and a half at a time and in three months I am half through that paper back.  I'll get there.

I cannot stand to just sit.  I have to have a book, sewing, something.  I always have a book with me.  There is one in the door of the car.  It is one of the "Girl With ..." books by the Swedish author.  I found it boring, but to have in an emergency - it's great.

I really though I would never give up the real books in my hands.  I thought I wouldn't like the Kindle, but I love, love, love it.  I don't lose my place when it slips out of my hands when I fall alseep!

2 comments:

JuJu said...

I, too, love my Kindle. It has quickly become my best little buddy.

I'm very into Audible.Com, and listen to books (through my Kindle) on my commute and on my big trip to Columbia once a week. AWESOME!

Judy said...

I too fidget if I don't have something in my hands. I cannot watch TV without something--a book, a sewing project--something. I do not have a Kindle--I am glad you love, love, love yours.