Saturday, December 22, 2012

It's official

I am now a pet chef.  Simone is doing so well with her chicken and rice (as bland as that is!), so I called the vet to see where we go from here.  All I need to do now is add a daily multivitamin and some vegetables to the food I am doing.  I also do not need to run the chicken through the food processor.  The chicken can be in small chunks.

She said I could add broccoli and cauliflower to her food.  Uh, no.  Part of the problems we were having was stinky flatulence (making it sound better than it was).  So last night I cut up some carrots.  I read somewhere that giving them even frozen carrots was a good thing.  They would seem like a crunchy treat.  Yeah, right.  Simone didn't read the same article.  Those little crunchy raw carrot bites did nothing but slow her eating.  It took time to spit those things out!

So I bought some frozen green beans, peas, and (sign) carrots that I will try steaming to see if she likes those.  Now if I could find a chicken wholesaler.  When did whole chickens go up like this???  Where are the days of 69 cent chickens??

One of these days, we will hit our stride with this.  Making the food seemed easy, but I am finding it really isn't, but as I told G last night, cleaning up vomit and then the carpet isn't easy either.

Well - make lunch then off to slave over a "hot" machine.  Haven't made an inch headway into the little toss bags, and I have added five ornaments to the mix.  Guess I better get off the computer and get busy.

1 comment:

yellowdoggranny said...

frozen veggies are fresher than fresh veggies unless they are from your own garden..really