Thursday, May 31, 2012

A bit miffed

So our October plans are changed.  My bucket list is not going to be met then - at least part of it.  Our planned trip to New York City, Philadelphia, etc has been canned.

I (sort of) agree with that.  While I really wanted to experience NYC, I don't want to pay those rates for the hotels.  After all, this would be the second trip for this year.  So I agreed to doing this.  I will live.

But we are probably doing another part of my bucket list.  We are going to the Outer Banks.  Now, that makes me happy too.  Not as exciting as NYC, but it's still good.  That's an area of the country I have never seen.

Right now, I am wondering how I am going to get everything in place that I need to do for this new doc.  I need to make an appointment for the kidney ultrasound, and I have to have lab work done before I see him - the day we return from Iowa.

So what's the problem you say.  Well - we are leaving Thursday for the SSB.  I will have ONE day between these trips.  Not. Enough.  So my plans are to get an appointment for the ultrasound between now and Thursday.  I will go on line with the lab to set an appointment for the day between the trips.

I don't like to be rushed that way.  No, not at all.  I really think I may broach the idea of cutting the SSB by one day.  After all - it will be HOT up there.  Not much will be done, and that would still leave four days there.

I know - I am such a whiner.  I need to get over it.  Things will work out.  They always do.

Peace.

6 comments:

JuJu said...

Oh, I hate feeling rushed!! Totally take that extra day. Time away is supposed to be relaxing, and if it's going to just make you more tense by doing everything at once, then do it!!

I've never been to the Outer Banks, but know it's AWESOME! I just know it is.

Where in Iowa are you going?

Grandma K said...

JuJu, we are going to Cedar Rapids - for the annual train convention.

yellowdoggranny said...

deep breath.....another deep breath..keep doing that until the urge to kill someone abates.

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

There are ways to spend far less if your are willing to stay outside the city and train in....I'm in Delaware jane grew up 25 miles from Philly. I've been to NY a variety of ways...only stayed in the city once. You can email me if you have questions.

Judy said...

Given a choice, I would pick the Outer Banks any day. It is so beautiful there--my favorite place on this earth!!!

Marti said...

I don't like to be rushed either, and leaving home for any length of time takes so much preparation. Good luck with this new doc. Feel free to whine away. Isn't that what blogs are for?