Friday, May 11, 2012

I did it! I did it! I did it!

In my never ending battle with technology, I finally won a battle!  I bought another (sigh) router several weeks ago, but didn't even try to install it - until last night that is.  I thought Comcast had messed with my modem (I know you know that since I have moaned and groaned several times).  

I just decided I would give it another try.  It was so easy peasy!  Of course, I went with a good brand this time - one that I know the quality is there, not a cheap off shoot.  And it worked.  And it allowed me to load all the information on a thumb drive to go into other computers!  Now I have my big laptop back. I can sit in the breakfast room to watch GMA, etc, and work on the computer.  I have it on the little toy laptop that I use in the craft room to download designs directly.  And G has his own computer to use - no more messing up my settings, etc.

Having the internet available to me upstairs is important.  I need to be able to download directly because when I was trying to get the other router to work, I managed to get out of the Homegroup I set up.  I cannot get that setting back, so my computers will not speak to one another anymore, thus no more sharing.

I was going post some pictures, but I don't know if it is the router or just this computer acting up.  So - no pictures.  They were from the SSB - including the one I tease G about.  I call it his pet - actually a 12 inch rattle snake!  I will try again sometime.

Peace.

3 comments:

Marti said...

Way to go! Sure wish you lived closer so you could get mine working too. lol

JuJu said...

You did it! Fantastic! I am duly impressed!

And, I am loving seeing your babies on the right hand side. :-)

You know, of course, that I watch GMA too. :-)

yellowdoggranny said...

yeah for you...