Saturday, May 05, 2012

Is it me?

Since our Women's Group meeting is next Saturday, I thought I would send out the reminder yesterday to give people plenty of time to plan (ha).  I know there will only be the few of us there.  With school ending, sports in full swing, dance recitals, and being the day before Mother's Day - well, you know...

The group has been asked to coordinate the church picnic to be held on May 27.  I assumed most people were aware of this date.  It has been mentioned a lot.  So in topics that we will be discussing, I put we would be working on the planning of the picnic.

I hardly pushed publish before I got an email asking if the picnic was on the 13th.  I know I didn't put the date in the email, but seriously?  This particular woman was even at the last meeting when we were formally asked - again.

That email set off the Director of Education sending one really panicked about that being the date.  Seriously lady?  You are more in the know about what's going on than I.

So I drafted yet another email to go out making a joke of sending one that was clear to me, but obviously not all.  I guess I should have made that date clear, but it has been talked about for months.  It even has the RSVP on the cards we fill out on Sundays.  Geesh!

So from now on, I will make absolutely sure that there can be no misunderstanding of what is in those emails.  I should know better - after all, I taught for 29 years in Public School and about three in an adolescent psychiatric facility.

Peace.

1 comment:

JuJu said...

Oh, how I feel your pain. I am constantly amazed at the way people respond to very basic information.

I am really being nice here. I wanted to say I am constantly amazed at how very ignorant some people can be.