Monday, May 28, 2012

Church picnic

Yesterday was really a fun day.  The people who attend our church are really great people, and being able to spend time with them in a relaxed place was great.  We used our little city's park, and it worked out so well.  The weather was perfect - a good breeze and temps only rising into the lower 90's.  We set up under the pavilion, which really was a basket ball court until kids from the low income apartments near by would come and hanging out for hours ultimately destroying the basket ball goals repeatedly.  But it is a big nicely covered slab. If there had not been the breeze it would have gotten not under the roof.  It is metal, and heat is held.

An inter generational kick ball game began after we had lunch - hot dogs from the church, and a covered dish from the members.  Those people really enjoyed that and are looking to start a league with the near-by church (our old one).  It could be a lot of fun.

I made a cake from a mix to take - it was really nothing to inspire anyone to eat it, so G has cake around here.  People ate bought cakes before my little bundt.  Oh well.  I knew after it came out of the oven that it was pretty pathetic.  Certainly not what I usually try to do.

Of course, the picnic was a great opportunity for us to have a fight - well for G to display his wonderful personality.  We ended up really not speaking Saturday night.  I guess he thought I didn't begin preparing the steak soon enough to go on the grill.  What preparation that takes.  Sprinkling cajun seasoning on the meat - or if I get really fancy a little olive oil and THEN the seasoning.  I began talking about taking a table or so to eat from.  He exploded.  I don't remember what he said exactly, but it was completely uncalled for.  So I was pretty much silent after that.

Is there male menopause with the associated personality changes.  If so, he has had it for about  30 years!  Ah, well.

Peace

1 comment:

JuJu said...

I'm so glad it was a nice picnic. How many people were in attendance?

And, girl, I don't know what it is about men. They are moodier than we women. And passive aggressive? Holy Moly. Just spit it out boys.