Thursday, September 30, 2010

Finally!

I tried to post this via my new phone (daughter insisted), but I am so technologically challenged - I got to the sign in part and that was that. Well, just as well.

The long awaited news is here. DIL was a scheduled C-section for 12:30. So here we all were - me, G, her mother, her fiancé, her father, his wife, Daughter and SIL filling the waiting room. We were taking bets or at least talking about taking bets until it was a consensus that this baby was going to be a boy. Well, at 2:30 we finally were called back to the nursery. Problem here is that there are two nurseries. We finally went to the back one (naturally) and there was my son looking at a baby that had a PINK BOW in her hair.

IT IS A GIRL!!!!!.

I had hoped and prayed, all the while believing it a boy. But there she was in all her glory - 19 inches 7 pounds 5 ounces. Her nick name by me for writing here is Little Teenie. Her mother is called Teenie by all the kids. It started when she worked in the day care her mom ran. So there we have it. LT for short!!

Happy - that doesn't even cover it.

4 comments:

Judy said...

A new baby for Christmas--she will be so alert by then and so adorable. WTG Grandma.

Cheyenne said...

I just love little girls to pieces. All sweet and ruffles too.
Congrats to all.

Marti said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad you got a girl. Like Cheyenne said, all sweet and ruffles. But I'll have to admit, it's nice to have grown grandsons. lol

Susan Adcox said...

Congratulations! Now don't you have to admit that it was a wonderful surprise learning that it was a girl! I love the suspense of not knowing.