Friday, September 24, 2010

Waiting, waiting, waiting

I thought yesterday was bad for Shadow. He got injections of antibiotics, appetite stimulants, anti-nausea, and had blood work done.

The blood work wasn't conclusive, but the liver panel was elevated. I won't go into detail because it is boring for most and I don 't remember all of it. But the vet came back with a list of possible outcomes.

The first, which he fits the profile for - under two, etc, is Feline Infectious Peritonitis. No real test for this. It ebbs, and then comes back. It is a death sentence, and we will probably euthanize him. A nasty disease that he could have gotten from mom. We don't know anything about mom. Shadow was found with what we believe were litter mates in a forest north of here, and they were sick. We just put that off to being on their own with no food, etc.

He could have Hepatobiliary, Pancreatits, or a form of hepatitis. Some of Tuesday, perhaps he swallowed some thread - something he hasn't done since he has been here. All this started on Wednesday - seemingly from no where. But so can FIP.

So he is in exploratory surgery right now. I just keep praying the surgeon will find a ball of thread in that intestine, and we will be good to go. But I also know the other side of this coin.

If you believe in praying for animals, and thank you Cheyenne, please pray for this little guy, my Shadow.

Peace by with you.

No comments: