Friday, September 24, 2010

Now what?

Shadow came through surgery fine. There was no foreign body. That was my hope. They have sent all sorts of bodily things (I'm not going to list even the ones I really remember). We have done the best for him that we can right now.

He is coming home with a feeding tube. OMG I have never had to deal with this.

But now I am putting my hopes in something from the lab work that will lead to treatments - not death. If it is FIP - he will be put down. That is a terrible disease. As he was, it was terrible nausea (at least the vomiting that was so bad) and the depression.

I can't sit and see him that way. He has always been such a "saucy" kitty. He is my shadow, he can be really sweet, or he can bite the wowie out of me too. I would love one of his hard bites right now. I just had the weird thought - perhaps he became sick on my blood! If I were still in chemo, I would wonder!! But oh, how I wish for one of those bites again. At least he would be feeling feisty again.

Thanks for "listening". I pick him up between 5 and 6 this evening.

Peace be with you.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I so hate it when our pets get ill. They have no way to tell us how they feel. I hope it isn't FIP as that will mean a very sad time for you.

Cheyenne said...

Our little Punkin' had a rough start in life as he was orphaned at 5 weeks when we took him in. He was so sick in the beginning and was found to have giardia (sp?) but we were able to rid his body of that. He continued being sick and I too feared FIP for I knew what that meant. But then almost overnight he got better and he has been non-stop ever since.
Prayers will continue for Shadow, for I know what it means to have something like that hanging over your head where a pet is concerned.