Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Yawn

Got the machine.  Put it on, and it nearly blew me out of the bed!  So I changed the setting - some.  It did ramp as it should.  For you lucky folks who haven't had to use one of these - that means that the air comes out slowly and then gets up to the full force.   It is supposed to give continual pressure to keep the air passages open.

As I laid there, the mask would leak air.  And not silently.  It could be a squeak or sound like a kid making farting sounds.  Loudly.My previous machine felt like it gave constant air flow.  This one feels like it pulses.

When I first put it on, I used a setting I thought would be appropriate.  (When I was at the office - when the technician showed me what to do - but AFTER she had me remove my glasses.  Not. A. Good. Thing!!!!)  That setting would ramp.  It would blow for a while, and then STOP!  You feel like there is no air in the world when that happens!  Then it would start ramping up again.  It did this three times and then I decided I had to change that setting to turn it on.  I am such a fast learner!  Three times?  Really???

When I changed it all back, it worked fine - with the exceptions of farting sounds, and I slept poorly because of all that.  I must have finally fallen asleep very soundly. I woke about 8 (after falling asleep about 12:30) my mouth was as dry as the desert.  So first thing I did this morning was to up the humidity of the machine as high as it would go.
_________________________________________________________________________________

I ordered the HDMI cable from my stand-by Amazon.  I paid for express shipping.  I am supposed to get it today.  We will see.  Doubting is my long suit!

5 comments:

Judy said...

Freed had one that just fit over his nose and mouth--not a full face one. It was so quiet that for the first time, I could sleep well without his snorting and snoring. He did too, but had to be elevated on two pillows. No hissing, farting or squeaking. You'll get the hang of it, I'm sure.

Sally said...

Oh goodness. I hope it gets better for you!

xoxo

yellowdoggranny said...

the one I have just blows air up into my nose which is great..but if I use it it triggers a allergy attack which triggers asthma attack..I hate it.

MartiDIY said...

That doesn't sound good. Can you take it in for an adjustment? I thought those things were supposed to help you sleep, not keep you awake.

Jenn Jilks said...

Oh, no!!!!