Thursday, May 29, 2014

Well, "ain't that a kick in the head"?

Sunday I decided I would wear athletic shoes because I didn't want to be in bleachers with flip flop type of shoes.  Both of my other shoes were backless. 

I felt that the athletics were snug when we left the hotel room.  And after a bit, they really pinched my left foot at the ball joint.

I didn't realize we were to do a lot of walking, and it really didn't seem like it - but it was.  I was glad to get those shoes off, but I don't like shoes anyway.

Monday, I woke with my left foot killing me.  I thought it would go away, so I did nothing.  Along came Tuesday, and the pain was still there.  My foot was swelling, and it was red and irritated aroung the ball joint of the big toe.

Tuesday night, I couldn't sleep because the pain was so bad.  Thank goodness for my "stash" of hydrocodone!  I took one, and I could sleep some,

I got up this morning and the foot it angry red and swollen.

So I decided I needed to call the foot doctor.  (add another to my stable)  She only does surgery on Fridays, so she sees no patients.  The only morning appointments are Tuesdays and Thursdays.  I have my eye injection on Tuesday on the 6th floor.  She is on the 2nd.  So I got the appointment for 11:15.  I hope I can make it there.  I should, and I am afraid there will be a wait between the two appointments.

So I did some research.  I think because I was wearing shoes that were too tight, I have formed a bunion, and it is screaming.  So I will take Aleve, ice it, and hope I get some relief.

But that means that I will not be at Katie's awards ceremony.  Blast.  I will not go to Williams graduation from pre-school.  Blast.  And I am not sure I will make Christina's (DIL) birthday party on Saturday.  Really blast because it is going to be at one of those gourmet hamburger places that I love, love, love.

Yesterday I probably irritated my foot when we went to the GI doc (the stable gets fuller and fuller).  I was hoping the decision would be we could wait another year for the colonoscopy.  He did a hemocult, and that was negative.  I was hopeful.  But, alas, I get to have a colonoscopy. 

I don't mind the procedure really.  I HATE the prep.  And his is horrible.  I have had some that, while still being terrible since I hate diarrhea, aren't nearly as bad as this one.  The last dose of the drug is taken at 10:30 and over the next TWO hours I have to consume something like 36 ounces of fluid.  Then get up at 4:30 to be there at 5:30 to wait for the 7 am procedure!

If only I had known I was going to live this long...

1 comment:

Judy said...

I have the Hemocult done every year--so far so good. I should have had a colonoscopy done some years ago--just never got around to it and now--I am too old, :-) No one in my family has ever had any problems, so I "assume" I will be fine. (You know what happens when you assume?)

Sorry about the big toe--hope it isn't Gout--which can hurt like heck and be very red and inflammed. Sorry you have to miss out--I have graduation celebrations coming up next week and I am so hoping nothing comes along to mess them up for me.