Saturday, March 08, 2014

Partially good day

This morning was like old times.  Daughter and I went shopping together.  We used to do that all the time, and I got really used to that.  I looked forward to Saturdays when we would go out to do whatever shopping.  Then came all the sports stuff.  Baseball tournaments, basketball games, and on and on.  There went our shopping expeditions.

Today we went to a Farmers' Market that was in another little burg that is outside Houston.  There are many of these, and this one is just right up the road.  I didn't really expect to get anything exciting.  It is at the very beginning of the growing season, and we did have that ice last week.  I also had been to Costco and bought cherry tomatoes, lettuce, artichokes, and strawberries.  So I didn't need much of anything.  I wanted to get a look at this place though.

This little town is one that we used to frequent a lot.  I haven't been there in years, and it has changed a lot.  The main sreet is quite charming and quaint now.  Our Railroad museum is relocating there soon - in fact the work has begun on the new facility.  The market was small - as I imagined it would be today.  But we managed to buy.

I have suddenly begun to like Indian food.  I mean like from India - not native!  There is a little restaurant close by that we go to occasionally.  They have these things called samosas that I really enjoy.  Where am I going with this?  Well - of all things there was a person there selling Indian food!  Yea.  So we both bought some items from her.

Daughter got two bows from a lady there who had bows and pillowcase dresses (that were too expensive), and then we found a person selling Texas olive oil products.

The only produce were greens (that G won't even begin to eat), beets (same thing), cauliflower, broccoli, some onions and some tomatoes.  There was grass fed beef, but I passed on that today,.  It was an interesting trip,

Today would have been really great because Son was going to come by to do some work for us.  But I should have got together with DIL because I am pretty sure he forgot.  So they are at a birthday party.  They will be coming by later.  But that means he is going to be dressed, AND he won't have his tools, and (this I shouldn't say) the family will be with him,  That means Clyde will be terrorized.  And the toys will be scattered.  And on and on.  Terrible grandmother I am.

So with that negative ending - I will go hang my head in shame.  I do love those kids, but I have never been really good with those who are from 9 months to five years. 

No comments: