Friday, May 24, 2013

Phew!

G contacted an attorney in The Little Town.  What we have, because the road has been there forever, is a prescriptive easement.  I knew there had to be something.  I studied real estate back in 1976, but that has been a long time ago.  I couldn't remember all the ins and outs of real estate law.

So, if we have to, we will sue.  G has decided we will build a road - sometime.  My thought is to tell Mr. Neighbor we have the right to that road, now you want to make it legal the easy way, or do we go to court.

I have thought of other things looking for a silver lining to this cloud.  If we build a new road, it would go close to her house.  Someone who has thoughts of breaking into our house won't go close to another house trying to get to ours I really don't believe.  But, I still don't want to build another road.

Mr Neighbor's wife appears to not be in step with her husband.  She was supposed to come over with him.  Instead, she took their dog to get his yearly shots.  She also has commented on some Facebook postings, and she has sent me two little nothing emails about things up there.

Looking forward to a simple day.  Tonight we will go to trivia night at church.  We are not your regular church, as I think I have pointed out before.  We do different things.  Like the dinners that we have for various holidays and the like.  People are surprised that we encourage folks to bring their wine and beer if they want.  Same with the Trivia nights.  We bring a snack to share and if we want it, beer or wine.  We are a little different.  But I believe the society needs some churches that don't march to the same drummer.  Churches are dropping members right and left.  Let's hope we can bring some back.

5 comments:

Judy said...

I hope you can find an amicable way to settle the road issue. Lutheran's aren't against alcohol, so a bit of beer or wine is no problem. NOW--if that went on in my church--the originators of the WCTU (Women's Christian Temperance Union), I'd faint, LOL
"Lips that touch liquor will never touch mine"--their motto.

Marti said...

Bummer on the neighbor with a bee in his bonnet. There's always at least one everywhere we've ever lived.

I'm sorry to hear about your fall too. Are you going to go get your knees checked out just to be sure you're ok?

JuJu said...

I love the trivia idea. If I were there with you, I would totally play. I hope you won!

Cheyenne said...

I honestly don't know what is wrong with some people. I swear they live to make others miserable.

Riverwatch said...

Speaking of neighbors, have you read "The Great Divorce" by C S Lewis? It is about heaven (not divorce), but it shows so comically how hard it will be to have neighbors in heaven....because so many of us want our space and to be surrounded only by nice folks (which means divorcing a lot of neighbors, maybe all).
Rabbits have been chomping in my yard, and it turns out they belong to a neighbor. He assured me he only has one rabbit, but his 4 year old son piped up and said, "You should see all our little baby rabbits!"
Well, our well-heeled fellow travelers around my neighborhood are getting worried about the future...rabbits and chickens are popping up in a lot of back yards!! Anybody else seeing their neighborhoods turn into little farms?
I guess I approve, but keep the rabbits at home!