Thursday, October 07, 2010

Wouldn't you know

Shadow has his staples removed. I didn't hear him scream nor the technicians! Poor little thing - he has his belly shaved, his neck shaved, and around one forearm. Quite moth eaten appearance. If he looked like this at the end of the month, he would be quite the Halloween cat!

So before I got him to the vet this morning (I was sleeping quite nicely) when G tells me that Simone lost her breakfast - right in the bedroom door. It has been quite a while since she was sick. I was hoping we had that problem a little under control. I guess we did because it has been so long. Boxers are subject to, among other things, gastrointestinal problems. Gee -- that sounds familiar - dog AND cat.

I cleaned that and headed for the vet, got that done, loaded up my sewing machine and headed for club meeting. I wasn't going to sew this time, but it is maintenance time on the machine. When I pulled up - there was no one available to bring my machine in. The thing weighs about 60 pounds. All the workers there were helping other customers, so I was at the very bottom of the list.

I went out and brought my machine to set down by where one of the guys was helping a little old woman (I better watch that - I am a big old woman!). I didn't want to just leave it at the door. Those machines run better than $5000. I turned and left.

I parked and came back in. I got my machine and moved to what could laughingly be called a line. One in line commented on the weight of the machine, the other said "he's helping me next!" Uh, yeah, ok. I wasn't attempting to break the line. I was going to be there for hours anyway since I was going to see what the club project was, and get my kit. I certainly didn't think I was giving that idea that I was breaking line!!

So, here I now sit. Dog is still sick. Cat is happy - probably will never let us know he was sick again. Upset a little old woman at the sewing machine store, and well stocked for an easy weekend at the SSB! Very little cooking for me. I have the early morning before I get up snacks for those who rise early. Who am I kidding - it's me and George. Each dinner is easy, easy, easy. So the main cooking I have to do is breakfast. OK. I like it that way.

I hope you have a glorious weekend with fantastic weather and fellowship.

Peace be with you.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Maybe G could fix his own breakfast? Give you a real break? No--huh? Oh well--have a great time at the SSB!