Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Shadow and baby

Interesting juxtaposition there. But then with my brain, it's perfectly normal.

Speaking of normal, to my thinking Shadow is back to normal - if you were to remove the feeding tube, bandage and e collar. The vet called today - from home since this is her day off! His lab work is coming back pretty normal. The liver and pancreas are both skewed, and one will affect the other. The FIP was negative, but it isn't reliable. All the biopsies are normal.

I am afraid this is the rally before another down time which is typical of FIP. Even though the tests show nothing, there is not a good, ultimate test for it. Shadow is eating well. Of course, he is eating the Special Diet food that is probably $3 a can. His normal diet, that he loved, is being offered. That is all - it's being offered - and snubbed.

I think she will take the feeding tube out tomorrow. I hope so. I can't get the cap off to flush it. Sure glad I don't have to feed him through it. So that will mean one less messing with him, and one less bandage - at least a big one. Now if that collar would go ...
******************************************************************************\
Son and DIL will have the baby tomorrow at 12:30. I have checked and can leave Shadow at the vet's office. I can't get a feel for how long she wants me to be there. I will definitely be there to see "it" right after birth. I had said I would be there are Son, but he will be in the surgery suite.

When Wiggle Worm was born, my heart was so full seeing Son with his first child. He was beaming. I don't think he will be quite the same way tomorrow. He knows what else comes - the diapers, the lack of sleep! But he also knows the love, so I know that will pretty much fill his heart anyway.

The anesthesia makes DIL sick - or at least we believe. But with WW, she had so many ice chips that may have caused her nausea. I think if I had been whisked off for them cutting into me to have that baby would make me sick too.

I also know her room will be filled with about 10 of her relatives. Even though she said tomorrow would be relatives, it won't be just the close ones. So I will let them have their time. I can go anytime Friday.

This will be number five. I never thought I would have five grandchildren. And this couple aren't finished yet. It really blows my mind when I think of it.

Peace be with you.

1 comment:

Susan Adcox said...

I will be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping for a healthy baby!

I was always nauseated during labor. The doctor said it just affects some women that way, but it was no fun having the dry heaves, and then a contraction, then the dry heaves, then another contraction.

I hope things go well tomorrow for your DIL, too.