Friday, February 27, 2015

Brrr - again

I shouldn't complain about the cold.  It is only here for a few days,  and it's never dangerously cold.  I know we get extra blankets to the homeless, but it's not like they are going to freeze to the ground.  It's just annoying - and the homeless are even more miserable.  There is a non-profit here that is wonderful about getting hats, gloves, coats, and blankets to those poor folks. Never-the-less I am just not comfortable either in these temperatures.  I hate to have the heated come on!!!

That nonsense being over on to today.  I forgot to add yesterday that when we were iced over, that means my "FABULOUSLY WONDERFUL" (not) internet was out.  Any time we eve have clouds, that thing goes out.  I went out when the ice was gone from the deck and beat on the dish.  It didn't help.  I called the company.  They said that in heavy rain (takes ours a mist), snow (didn't have it) or fog the satellite internet will go out.  Well ours is super sensitive,

Steve (aka SIL) has told me a friend of his (they are a multitude)  who lives about 75 miles has internet (satellite ??) that is faster, cheaper, and more reliable.  Of course, he still hasn't found the name of said company.  I am still waiting for him to plug in the USB from Amazon into my TV also.  Does that tell you anything???  He talks (a lot) a good story, but action is something else.


Wednesday night I slipped and fell.  With my weak knees, shoulders that have just been injected with cortisone (probably rotator tears) and just generally being out shape coupled with my slick floors made getting up a problem.  Something has to change here.  I am very sore.  My knees feel bruised.  My muscles in my shoulders and arms are sore.  That is telling me it  is time to get in shape.  I will b on the stationary bike everyday. When it is cold like this - I will probably will spend time at Krissi's.  They have a "gym" in their garage.  When the pool warms I will be in it. I now understand "I've fallen and can't get up."

So today it's pretty much back to normal.  Hair cut.  Pharmacy (and using it to get a load of bread).

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

be careful..hope your ok...

Sally said...

Oh no. I'm so sorry you fell! That's such a scary thing to happen. :(

(Yes, I know people like you sil - big talk, no action)

xoxo

Sally said...

YOUR sil - I need to wake up. LOL

MartiDIY said...

Oh no! I hope you didn't hurt seriously hurt anything. I'm thinking of your knees here. I have been thinking of getting a treadmill even though there is really no where to put it in this tiny house. But I know I will walk in the house before I will walk outside. I find any and every excuse not to walk outside, too cold, too hot, too windy, and of course lately, too icy. I really thought we were going to go through this winter with no snow or ice.