Thursday, March 08, 2012

What a difference!

I was so afraid my left knee was not right after surgery (not admitting this to anyone but you - I did fall on the steps in June or July) so I had Dr Bones check it when I went for my annual check on the left one (that's great!).

There was no abnormality in the x-ray, and it was supposed that my back problem is causing the pain in the knee.  Something about the nerve is trying to meet up with its other part on the other side of the incision.  When there is a sciatic problem, it often causes this kind of problem.  So I was referred to the pain clinic again.

I told the doctor that I really didn't want to return to TPS.  I told him I didn't want all the drugs that they treated me with.  So I was referred to the pain management clinic he wanted me to go to.  Since I am now ancient and on Medicare - I can go to any doctor who will accept me.  (side note - I haven't had a problem with that, but I remember eight years ago when I moved my dad and step mom - it was difficult to set them up with new doctors - the didn't want to accept Medicare.)

So I went to the new doctor today.  What a difference!!  She is out here at the relatively new medical center.  They are only about 5 years old, and I was one of their first patients when I had the mastectomy.

This is a woman doctor (yea!) and is in the new professional building.  My appointment was at 12:30 with me having to be there by 12 to write the book of my life.  I was the only person in the waiting room.  It was nicely furnished.  Even when I left, the folks out there waiting didn't look like the ones at TPS who I swore were selling the drugs they scored from that place.  I actually felt I would not be mugged!

The doctor is absolutely fantastic. She is about the age of my daughter.  Just cute as a bug.  Blonde - but the jokes don't fit her.  She will not load me up with meds.  She informed me that injections in my back will not cure me.  She knew exactly where the problem was - of course I brought her the CD of my MRI as well as the diagnosis.  She told me my back was an absolute mess.

She said she would inject me with a steroid.  I thought it would be at some indistinct time in the future.  Nope - tomorrow at 8!  Wow!  She also is having me fitted with one of the little stimulators for the back.  All this in a pretty package!

Nice!

Peace.

All this great treatment and a wonderful environent too

3 comments:

JuJu said...

Sometimes it can be a good experience at the doc, eh?

I love my obgyn, and always walk out of there feeling good.

That sentence is rather odd, if you think about it...

Jeanette said...

Good for you! I hope it makes a BIG difference!

Judy said...

I hope the injections work--they did for me--just had to go back and get them every couple of months. I am counting on my hip surgery to solve a lot of problems--probably won't, but I am expecting a miracle!!!