Friday, March 02, 2012

Pictures that are placed in places that bombard you with radiation



I don't know why these people who work with radiation think putting pictures of birds, trees and flowers on ceilings and walls make the time less of a pain in the rear, but apparently they do because when I was getting radiation everyday for six weeks, I became very familiar with those birds, flowers and trees!

After the squeeze test (mammogram), I was whisked into the room where the bone density testing is done.

I had almost forgotten this picture on their ceiling, but it took me only about 10 minutes to remember what I found rather interesting although a little unsettling.  I guess they didn't mean for this picture to be intensely view by wildlife biology people!

After getting me all settled on the bed (board), the tech leaves the room while the unit scans the lower body.  Left to my own limited devices, I looked at the picture for a bit, and then partially dismissed it.  Oh, yeah, the two male sparrows sitting on what appears to be an azalea branch with some kind of legume plant growing with it.  Strange composition, but ok.  There is a mocking bird almost out of sight, and some other kind on the right.  I remember this picture, and I remember wondering about some of the composition.

Then I looked further.  On the right, out of focus, are some larger birds seemingly high in the sky above.  On the left, there is a large bird, in pretty fair focus, that is ... a hawk!   What in the world is a hawk doing there obviously circling above these birds?  Who decided to place this bird in the picture.  Did they have some sort of perverse sense of humor, or what?

Well - needless to say, this gave my depraved mind something to do while my legs were pulled into a position that wasn't the least bit comfortable.  I laid there contemplating how long it would take this bird to swoop down on these little sparrows after the camera was gone.  Not long I would think.  They were spotted, and as soon as it could, that hawk would get one of them.

The situation reminds me of one gynecologist I went to.  He had Garfield posters plastered on his ceiling.  I enjoyed them - the first time.  As time went on, and they aged, the humor was gone.  I almost despise Garfield today (just kidding).

Thank you Blogger for one thing!  You save my ramblings.  I thought this post was history because my fingers hit the wrong key.  Nope - there it was.  I am so glad.

And speaking of fingers - thanks for the support and advice with my new meter.  It worked beautifully this morning because I went to the tried and true "finger tip prick" method in the place of the suggested palm, sides of the fingers, arm, leg, etc pricks.  Now to drop 50 pounds to get rid of the meter!

3 comments:

JuJu said...

I remember the very first time I went to the gynecologist. I was 18, and scared to death of the abortion protesters outside the clinic.
I lay there in fear, looked up and there was a poster of Tom Selleck looking back at me. Now, he's a cute dude, but I felt like he was looking at my crotch.


Well done on the stick this morning!!

yellowdoggranny said...

I wish I had kept a list of all the smart ass remarked I have made while Dr.s have had their hands up my crotch..'don't mind the cobwebs'...is one..ha

Judy said...

My doc and I used to discuss golf while he was checking my nether parts. I haven't had a PAP in 5 years--guess they don't do them to old ladies? Glad.