Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Rollin' rollin ', keep those doggies rollin'

Oh yeah, that's exactly the way it is around here for me. G sits and voraciously reads novel after novel. I run like a chicken with her head chopped off.

I shouldn't complain. Most of what I am doing is because I want to do it. When G was working, I spent my days alone and here at home. We are getting out so much - probably because of doctor appointments.

We went to a local bar (?) for lunch today. Now doesn't that just fit for two oldies like us - and I got another year older today - 67. As we were on our way I commented to G that I never thought we would become two oldies driving their 11 year old car that has 80,000 on it with really good paint. Never thought that at all.

I am about to finish my little cowgirl dress. After I finish that one, I need to get pictures of both and upload them.

Oh, for my birthday, I got new rings. You see, last year sometime I put my beautiful wide gold band someplace that it would be safe not heading the little voice in my head that I wouldn't remember where I stashed that ring. At least I had taken the diamonds out and replaced them with a CZ, but still - I really loved that ring.

So off we went to a jewelry store (really a diamond store)where my daughter bought her new ring set. She and the rest of her family were with us. We didn't know we were going, but it would be the practical thing to do since church is between our houses and the store.

To get a new ring, I told G that I wanted to put the old diamonds on it. Several years ago when I put that CZ on the ring and took the diamonds off, he didn't like that at all. They were from my original wedding ring set. Really what I wanted was a totally new ring. I had one picked out too, but he found a setting that would take my diamonds very well. It did and they are being put on now. It is also being sized since the devil arthritis is invading my hands now.

So the ring will be ready Friday, I hope. I am anxious. This ring will be our anniversary gift (43rd) too.

So peace be with you.

5 comments:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

43 years! Congrats to you both! We are at 39 years this week...hubs says it's like 39 minutes...under water! hahaha

Jeanette said...

Oh wow! Happy birthday...happy anniversary...lots of happys for you! Hope you love your new ring although how can you not love new jewelry, right?

yellowdoggranny said...

happy birthday...happy anniversary..can't wait to see the rings..your now as old as me.

Marti said...

Happy Birthday! Yesterday was Hubby's bd too. I'm always on the move too. Sitting too long drives me nuts.

JuJu said...

Wait, how did I miss this post? And, did I miss your birthday? If so, belated happy birthday wishes to you!
And, many congrats on the 43 years and the new ring. I hope we get to see a picture of that too???