Monday, July 18, 2011

Hi there!

It is 10:30pm. I should be in the shower and/or in my bed reading getting ready to fall asleep, but here I am!

I don't understand why, but it seems that my days are fuller than when I worked. Today was a day I have been busy the entire day.

I did my usual morning routine. I did get up a little earlier than 9 or 10. Hey I am retired. That's the way it goes when you are retired. Since it was a little earlier, the second stage of that routine was to fall asleep on the couch while drinking my coffee (and yes before you ask, I have spilled it on myself before) watching the news.

I asked G if he had eaten. I mean he is a big boy now fully capable. He snarled that he had not, so I got out the boxes of cereal. I threw away the milk that was dated June 15, although I really thought it was still good. That was the extend of out breakfast.

I came in here after The View to try to finish going through all the things on the computer that had piled up while we were at the SSB. I only had a partial day with a connection.

Before I knew it, it was 12. That is my special time that is running out. My soap - All My Children -will soon be history.

We went to the bank after AMC was over. I have never tried to see a banker without having to wait. And wait we did. The only reason I was there was to make the trip count. That meant grocery store. I didn't want to make G that too (not really, I don't know WHY I went to the store).

We spent a good amount of time at the store. It was after 4 when we got home. That meant no Sonic Happy Hour either. Drats!

I decided there wasn't enough time to go up to finish the dress, so I came back in here spending more time trying to finish loose ends on the computer. I was looking for a page that I had gotten to that had some really cute things on it. Never found it. Don't know who had them on their page. Fully a waste of time there. I did send a donation to the boxer rescue here. They really needed a foster home for a poor little girl that was in the pound. She needs medical care badly. Simone would never let me bring another little one in. And there is no way we could travel with her. So I did the next best thing and donated toward the $1000 they need to save her (medical treatments and the like).

So how was your day?

Peace be with you.

6 comments:

Cheyenne said...

What is it with these men of ours wanting us to make their breakfast? I eat when I am hungry, and that is not when I get up either. And then I eat whatever I feel like eating. I have been trying to train husband to make his own darn breakfast now for far too long. Just wondering when he will take the hint.

Grandma K said...

Mmmmm - the twelfth of never?? We have been married 43 years - both of us working so no breakfast together with the exception of weekends. That's where I probably made my mistake! Now that we are both home in the mornings ... well you read between the lines.

Jeanette said...

I only make my husband breakfast if I feel like it on Sunday morning! He can scramble an egg and toast a piece of bread as well as the next person! Good for you and your generous donation!

JuJu said...

I SWEAR that we are soul sisters!!

I, too, love AMC. Did you hear they have "saved" it to the internet? I am hoping this is true, but don't know how they will make it work. Right now, I'm just hoping they get Erica out of that damn room. It's getting OLD! And, my lovely LEO is coming back August 4. ahh.

I also love the Sonic Happy Hour. Hello!
And, I fall asleep on the couch ALL the time. :-)

Have a great day tomorrow!

yellowdoggranny said...

I make my own breakfast..I expect the guy to make his too..ha

Judy said...

Fred and I eat different foods and at different times of the day so he makes his own meal when he is hungry and I make mine when and if I am hungry. Works for us :-) Of course, we haven't been married forever so we have no preconceived notions of what role a wife/husband is "suppose" to take.