Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Home again, gigidy gig

It took everything and then some to get me out. The doctor finally came by to make his observation. It seems that the norm is to be released to a rehab hospital. That means at least one and more like two weeks. No. Nope. I don't want one more day in a hospital. And here it is 1:40 and I am still in my pjs. That wouldn't happen in a rehab hospital as I was told. We would all be up and out of the rooms. Nope.

I do have home health coming to do PT three times a week. She is going to be here in a minute.

The doctor was amazed at my progress. I thought the PT people in the hospital were thinking I wasn't walking like I should, but he said I was blowing the top out of that. I am doing well. My hindrance it really the right knee. It still hurts like crazy. I have to admit, I have surprised myself. I didn't realize just how bad I was before.

Fear does that though. The unknown kept me afraid. I was so afraid of the pain. But I knew I couldn't go on the way it was. I was in such pain. My spirits are soaring now.

Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. They helped!

Peace

2 comments:

Marti said...

I am so glad you are doing well. PJ's till noon sounds like the way to go too. Getting dressed is a hassle if you aren't going anywhere. Don't overdo now, the decluttering can wait. If you get bored tomorrow, call me.

angela said...

Be patient and listen to your body. I agree with you--home visits by a therapist means you can sleep and heal better in between sessions.