Monday, February 19, 2007

Sick as a dog

This weekend began Friday with Simone getting nauseated about an hour and a half into the journey into the wilderness we call the SSB. We stopped for lunch and went in. It was plenty cool outside, and the windows were rolled down pretty far. As soon as I got in the truck, she started her "licking" that precedes her vomiting. She vomited twice more before we got there.

I really don’t remember Friday night. We went to the Less Than Wide Spot in the Road Community Club. It is a bit of a blur with the rest of the weekend in my mind.

Saturday night, we went to BIL and SIL’s for dinner. They invited most of the neighborhood. That means three of the five neighbors. It was a very enjoyable evening, but we had been gone most of the day when we went into the Mega Metropolis That Has One Stop Sign. We needed deer corn, bird seed and a few other items, plus we wanted to eat at the recognized cafĂ©’ on the square.

Simone seemed to be fine on Sunday, and we invited little sister to dinner. She is living there alone except for her 17 year old dog who is on his last legs.

In late afternoon, I went out to watch the deer and the birds. I was only on the front deck. I was no more than five feet away. Simone begins her licking again. I couldn ‘t believe it. She finally settled down a bit. I went out again, she started again.


By the time LS got there, Simone was in full vomit mode. There is nothing more appetizing than I vomiting dog under your dinner table. I put her in our bedroom (being ever so thankful for the laminate and tile covering all the floors). Sure enough she vomited.
She had her first food in twenty four hours a while ago. So far so good. I covered the back seat of the truck with five layers of "stuff." I began with the vinyl backed throw for dogs, put a sheet next, then a comforter, another sheet and a duvet cover. She managed to make it without vomiting, just the pre-vomit licking.


She is asleep on her bed right now. She is going to the vet tomorrow. I think she has become a hypochondriac!

No comments: