Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Peace and strength

The waiting for the surgery has not been terrible. I do want to get it over. I want to have that tumor removed and get on with whatever treatment awaits.

People are telling me to keep a positive attitude and keep my spirits up. I have and they are! In fact, I told one friend that’s all I have been praying for. I just pray for strength to keep myself going. I want to be able to take this with grace. It’s worked. I feel very strong and positive.

The only thing that is killing me is that I can’t take my one little precious pill that keeps my arthritis at bay. I never realized how much that little pill helped. My fourth finger, right hand is so sore I am completely unable to make a fist. When we left SSB yesterday, I wasn’t completely obsessed with getting the kitchen sink completely spotless because it hurt too much.

When I went to bed last night, there was no sleeping. Both knees were screaming, the left him was pounding, the right shoulder would not allow any comfortable position, and the right finger was just as loud as everything else.

The pain reliever I can take might as well be sugar pills, but I was in so much pain, I did down two of them. I wonder if I will get serious pain pills after the surgery on Thursday?? I hope so.

Meanwhile, people really need to be praying for G. He is really more upset than I am.

No comments: