Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Where do I find a support group?

I have decided that I must have an additictive personality. I develop passions for things, and I then spend all my time pursuing whatever it is.

For years, it was genealogy. I spent hours surfing A*cestry.com looking for my ancestors. It got to the point where I discovered that many of those on the far reaching vines and twigs could be found. So I was no longer looking for those dear departed kin, I was looking for all the offspring. Did you notice I said all? Yes. I was looking for anyone I could find. These folks would be classified as perhaps twenty-fourth cousins. Addiction.

So along came my wonderful embroidery machine and our little business branched into embroidered items from simply jewelry, candles, flip flops and purses. Looking for designs, and free ones at that, has become another passion. I sit at the computer for hours checking web sites that offer the free samples. I have quite a few bookmarked. I know which ones put out designs daily,weekly, and monthly.

Then, I discovered they had groups to whom they offered more free designs. So I joined their groups. That meant yet another email address. That brings me to about 4. I have our main one; I have my "order on line" email that I use to cut down on spam in the main one. Then I opened the "business" email so that any business interactions would not get mixed up with personal things. Now I have the group email address. I think I have joined about 8 groups. They send out several emails each day, and the groups are interrelated. That means I may get the same message three or four times. When I go to that email, it is not unusual to have at least five new messages per hour.

Now I find myself checking emails most of the day. When I'm not doing that, I am trying to organize the downloaded designs. You can bet I get at least three per day. I tried to work on them only when at the SSB, but I am so far behind.

Now I have decided the best way to manage these designs is to print them. I have one three inch binder stuffed overfull. I have started another, and I have barely made a dent.

And so it goes - on and on. I am in serious need of a support group, but I don't know when I would have time for it.

Peace.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Oh well--I know what you mean--I can relate.

Right now I am addicted to crocheting baby sweaters/bonnets/booties--I have no baby's in the family, but I have just joined a charity group to send my creations to and they disperse them to whomever needs them.

Last month I was addicted to cross stitching--I have one in the hoop, one yelling at me to start it and three sitting quietly in my closet.

I also have a baby sweater on knitting needles, a baby afghan half done, an afghan for my grandson half done and a crocheted shawl that I got tired of sitting in my "stash" box.

I should get addicted to cleaning house, but.....

Grandma K said...

What is this house cleaning you spoke of? If we are clean enough to be healthy, then we are ok. My dream is to clean up enough to get a cleaning service once enough. But I know me - the house will NEVER be clean enough for someone to come in to clean. Personal problem I guess.

Judy said...

I got some of the Terro ant poison you suggested. It seems to be working real well--those little buggers are all over the poisoned gel :-) Thanks.