Saturday, March 14, 2009

Surprise!

It's Saturday. I'm home. I am posting. These are three very unusual things.

Last night we had dinner with daughter, husband and three little ones. It was so nice because I had not seen Lady Bug in about three weeks. If we were in town, they weren't. Plus they are going out of town again this weekend. In the spirit of being positive, I won't even touch that one.

The weather is really wintry for us right now. It is cold - the temperatures are staying in the 40's, so that is really cold for us - and rainy. The last thing I wanted to do was the grocery store. I was going on Thursday, but at the time I started to go, it was pouring rain. So I thought it was going to clear yesterday - wrong. It is still bad today, but I need items for tomorrow's dinner. It is almost St. Patrick's day. That means it is time for Blarney Pot Roast. That is a delicious pot roast with leeks. It is an annual thing that holds over from the days when George thought he was Irish. I knew I was Scotch Irish, but we found that he is absolutely 0% Irish. But that's ok, the dish is still good.

Being the great trooper he is, he added the grocery store to his rounds. I really think it is time for me to the ortho guy I'm thinking about. My knees are certainly no better - in fact I think they are worse by the day. I am looking for the miracle that will take many pounds off my body before I go!

Hope your weekend is good. I will see the new grandson tomorrow when son comes to help assemble my new sewing table. I was crestfallen when I discovered that the instructions state that it takes two to assemble it. That stinks! So after about a year, I'm going to get it done.

Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think we are doomed when it comes to the knee/back/hip problems. I have doctored this condition for a year with a chiropractor/massage/muscle stimulation and now for two months with the physical therapist. I hurt as much today as I did a year ago. I think I am a hopeless case.

I thought it was Sunday all day today--that DST still bothering me I guess.

Glad you had a good time with the little bugs and enjoy tomorrow with the littlest one.