Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Home!

I never thought I would be so exhausted after a visit to the SSB. But in reality, the time we spent there was minimal. When we were there, we were working. Gosh, I'm really glad to be home!

Of course, Friday was the 5 hour trek to get there. That is always tiring. Add the trip to Community Club to that. Travel, travel, travel. It takes a good 20 minutes to get from the SSB to the CC. Over the wonderful unpaved roads. But they had rain since our last visit, so they were able to get the road graders out there to turn the rocks over. It's just in some places it feels like they had turned the rocks the wrong way. Those roads will jar the fillings out of your teeth. The upside is that they keep motorcycles at bay.

Saturday morning we had to get up and get started to the Alamo City. That is a two and a half hour trip at least. Of course, we hit road construction before we got to the exit for the funeral home. I am glad that we both grew up there and retain some vestige of how to get around. The funeral home is in an area that neither of us frequented in our youth, but we're not talking a huge city. We made it - and on time.

Sunday we were so tired. I worked on my downloaded embroidery designs. G piddled outside. We really took it rather easy. But we still traveled. We went to our second close neighbor. They are probably about two miles away, but the road is basically a cow path. It was too windy to take the Kawasaki. It would have handled the road better. We wanted to take the wedding present for their son who married on Saturday, and we had to miss it.

Monday we finally got to the "spring cleaning" which at least got the floors spic and span. I had cleaned the oven (by pushing the button - not the old fashioned way) on Sunday. So we are ready for the onslaught at Easter. Only daughter will be coming with her family, but that is FIVE!

I finally got an idea for G's birthday present. I am going to have flags made for him to fly there. He really wants his great grandfather's cattle brand on a flag. That property came from the company ranch which he owned. So I have set out to find that brand. It was in the local paper, but their archives don't have it. I have emailed his aunt there, and I am about to email the distant cousins who share that same ancestor.

I am always looking for a present for him that he will really like. This is one of the few times he has given me a good idea. I don't want to miss out on it.

But at least we are home again - where I can get some rest!

Peace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

K--the trip sounded exhausting, but the flag idea for F's birthday sounds glorious. I think he will be totally blown away by it.
I missed you while you were gone.

Anonymous said...

I hit the wrong key, meant G's birthday--sorry. Been crocheting and sewing all days and my eyes are blurry. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it).:-)