Thursday, March 26, 2009

Freudian slip or simple omission?

As I was confessing my need for a support group for my addictive nature, I "forgot" to mention my trip to M*chael's yesterday. I had a simple purpose in mind. My daughter wanted me to do scrap books for her children. I had done one for the new resident prince at the other household, and she wanted one for her three.

I was a good grandmother. I stopped at the foolish children's garbage items and bought the older three some little trinkets for Easter. I refuse to give them candy. We will be trapped in the rather smallish house at the SSB. If tradition holds true - the weather will be horrible. One Easter we had severe thunderstorms that knocked out power for 17 hours. Another Easter we had an ice storm that coated everything with ice. We were trapped.

So, since they were on sale (ah, those magic words), I piled into the car and began the trek to that Mecca. I forgot (?) where the scrap books were, so I made a round of the store. Guess what I found! Something that I had not purchased in several months. Jewelry findings. And they were on close out. They were over 50% off. I put some in my cart. Then I found the crystal that was on close out. Yes, they went into my cart.

I had found just about all I could use from those two huge bins, so I rounded the corner headed to the scrap books. What just happens to be on the way to the scrap books you say. Why more jewelry things - at 40% off. More was piled into my cart.

By that time, my knees and back were about to kill me. I had to stop - then. So I found three identical scrap books and threw them into my cart. Daughter will have to go with me to choose fabric to cover them.

You know, they will never get done. She will never go to choose fabric. They will be like the three baby blankets that I have in the craft room that she purchased in January for me to embroidery for three of her retailers. Those kids will be in college before they get those blankets!

Procrastination. Where do you suppose she got that?? (crickets chirping in the resounding silence)

Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to agree with everything that you wrote, but I am not a procrastinator. Oh no--I am much too obsessive for that--obsessiveness that goes along with my addictions. And compulsive (when shopping) so I suppose I have OCD along with an addictive personality. I sometimes wonder why a person with my personality is not in the loony bin! HAH.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention, I also made a pilgrimage to Michael's yesterday--all those lovely 40-50% off bins full of pretties. Ah yes--my cart was full, and I almost forgot to get the yarn that I had gone in the store for.