Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dr. Poison

Just back from my appointment. These doctors! Geesh. They have appointments scheduled for like 8:30, and they aren't even in the office! But I will get over it. In this practice, they have three or four offices. The doctors move from office to office. We, the patients, don't usually have to go all over the area, so I'll cool my heels in the room and read. I mean, what else do I have to do?

The appointment went great. The thing I most look at is the marker value. Mine is 23 and the upper limit is 38. That's good. No problems. I guess all the things that I just knew were mets were just a figment of my imagination. But you know how it is - once burned. Well, once diagnosed . . .

I told him of the pains I have in the right breast area, and I thought it was probably reconstruction surgery. He said the mammo showed some scar tissue. He also said to leave things alone there. No more surgery. Right-O!

I was going to ask for some sleeping meds, but I didn't get to it. Perhaps my body will adapt to the time change - before it changes again. I just simply cannot go to sleep at night. I can sleep easily enough in the morning, but at night I'm ready to go.

So things are right in my world -at least for another six months. They would be even better if the arthritis in my neck wasn't acting up so today. It really hurts to sit here and type. Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So very happy that your check-up went well and everything is okay. I am having a difficult time being sleepy enough at night too--boy, can I ever sleep good in the morning however--9:00 now seems way to early to get out of bed :=)