Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The vampire

Our weekend was relatively uneventful. Nothing much happened, which is perfectly fine with me.

Today I had to go to the lab for what will be my biweekly CBC. It is in the same building with the oncologist, but today was my first visit. I think the subsequent visits are going to be - "interesting" to say ht least.

When I was called back, it was obvious that the tech wanted to use the right arm. I would have been perfectly content with that had I not been warned to not even allow blood pressure to be measured in the right arm. So I told her that I had to have the left arm used.

The needle didn’t hurt one bit. I thought these would be a breeze. I left and drove to the bank to access the ATM. When I put my hand out to put in my PIN, I looked at the inside of my elbow. The pad was fairly soaked with blood. That has never happened to me before - ever, ever!
I completed the transaction, drove home, and removed the bandage. I have a lump of blood that is about the size of a pencil eraser under the skin.


I have at least 15 more of these!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah...the gift that just keeps giving....bad enough that we have cancer, then all those other tests have to happen. You might need to speak with your nurse about becoming the human pin cushion and how to avoid bleeding like a stuck pig. I'm thinking happy thoughts about you.